The WorldPeace Peace Page

WorldPeace is one word !

When Peace becomes our priority,
WorldPeace will become our reality !

The Official Website of Dr. John WorldPeace JD
The only Global Advocate for WorldPeace

1948 to Present


Dr John WorldPeace JD - Autobiography


Dr John WorldPeace JD Biographical Timeline and Micro-Summary

Part I. - Dr John WorldPeace JD Autobiography (b)1948 to 1969
- beginning pages are typed but not edited (pdf format)
- subsequent pages are the cursive original pages  

Part II. From 1969 to 1988 when Dr Jwp was married to
Sandra Lyn (Morris) (Wolter) Jacobs CPA - Houston, Texas
- beginning pages are typed but not edited (pdf format)
- subsequent pages are the cursive original pages  

Part III. 1988 to 2007 Wen Dr Jwp was married to
Elizabeth Kay (Goldman) (Long) (WorldPeace) (Long) - Georgia
- beginning pages are typed but not edited (pdf format)
- subsequent pages are the cursive original pages  

Part IV. 2008 See: Dr John WorldPeace JD Prison Journal 2008

Part V. Jan 2009 to May 13, 2011 Jwp without companion
- In the process of being written.

Part VI. May 13, 2011 to 2015 Jwp informal relationship cohabitating with
Rachel Anne Stone
- In the process of being written.

Part VII. 2015 to present Jwp without companion
-In the process of being written


NOTE: This Autobiography will be about 700 pages when typed. It will take a while for my entire biography to be published. You will find sections typed and edited, typed and not edited, images of the original cursive autobiography. These are not all there is to be published, just what I have managed to date to present.

As a person with a global agenda and a growing platform and presence in the world human society, this autobiography is published in significant detail. Being Dr John WorldPeace since 1988 and experiencing the anonymous lies about me published on the internet during that time, especially when I ran for governor of Texas 2000-2002, I feel I need to get as much of the story of my life on the internet before someone publishes some false account. The minor players in my life are sometimes not named. The major players are going to be easy to track so there is no need for me to not refer to them by name.

My life is an open book. Nothing to hide. This freaks out a lot of people I am sure. Or scares them significantly. The internet is such now that you can find out anything about anyone. Privacy no longer exists. To try to hide anything is really fruitless. I am not perfect therefore I am obviously not Jesus. I am just one man with one message: WorldPeace. Always have been, always will be really. I just acquired my real name in 1988. And like many of us human beings who live a long time, we don't really know who we are until we reach our 60's and take a look back.

The day to day reality of Dr John WorldPeace JD, in my words and from my perspective, can be found on my site at and

With regards to this autobiography, I just hope reading about my life does not bore you. But it is what it is.

Dr John WorldPeace JD 160710

The Autobiography of Dr John WorldPeace JD

When I was seventeen I was called to the high school counselors office.  It was time for that “what are you going to be” after you graduate high school question.  For me, this is one of those memories that is permanently etched on the inside of my skull.  I remember the cramped room, the old school oak desk with six drawers and a glass top.  I sat next to the wall in a straight back worn oak chair watching Ms. Keller pull my file and shuffle the papers within.  I had no idea what I wanted to be.  I assumed college was a given regardless of the fact that in 1966 if you were a young American male freshly graduated from High School without college you were going to be drafted to go and kill Vietnamese communists to make the world safe for democracy.

When Ms Keller got up to go get something or the other, I looked at the corner of her desktop just the the right of my right hand.  There was under the glass a few lines from a Robert Frost poem.

This I shall be telling years hence
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood
And I took the one less traveled by
And that made all the difference.

I experienced at that moment of reading the poem one of the many epiphanies in my life.  I knew that regardless of what I did in my life I was not going to live the traditional path.  I was going to live a unique life, a positive life.  But a life that few people would willingly embrace.

Recently I saw a Helen Keller quote. “Life is nothing if not a daring adventure.”  I am no Helen Keller but looking back forty-three years, those four lines have defined my life.  They did not inspire me to live a different reality but they have defined the reality that I have lived to date.

For the last twenty years since I changed my name to John WorldPeace, I have gone where others feared to tread.  Not because my path has been death defying but because it has been a path of no fear of the potential consequences of rejection and isolation socially.  Society clearly defines the punishment for those who break the criminal law but there is another punishment for those who challenge or fail to conform to the social norms.

I have never concerned myself with the consequences of challenging conventional wisdom.  Like Joseph Campbell’s, “The Hero With a Thousand Faces”, I have done things that have to do with always walkig that road less traveled.  The most dramatic example was changing my name to John WorldPeace in 1988.  Running for governor of Texas in 2002 in the Democratic Primary is another example.  And there was a refusal to have a heart bypass when I nearly died of a heart attack in December 1997.  The conventional wisdom was either have bypass or die.  I rejected that wisdom. But on January 20, 2016, eighteen years later, the time to have that bypass arrived and I willingly embraced it.

My legal training and the accompanying research skills allowed me to automatically research the ramifications of having a bypass.  The medical facts seemed to be that even with a bypass a refusal to change one’s lifestyle would require a second bypass within ten years.  I logically decided to change my diet and life style to effect a more permanent change and avoid traumatizing my body with open-heart surgery.

In addition, there is a known loss of memory, albeit generally temporary, with open-heart surgery due to being placed on the heart lung machine when they stop your heart.  For the same reason that I have never dulled my consciousness with drugs or alcohol, I did not want to deal with the diminished capacity that memory loss would create.

I have taken the road less traveled and that has made all the difference.

My father was a staff sergeant in the Army in WWII.  He did not think he was going to be drafted for some minor medical reasons so he and my mother went ahead and were married.  Within a month he received his draft notice and left for boot camp shortly thereafter.
World War II ended while he was in boot camp and so he was sent to Korea after finishing his training.  There he made staff sergeant and was assigned to a unit that was assigned to repatriot the Koreans who had fled to China.

One of his brothers joined the Army Reserve and after the Korean War his younger brother was drafted at the same time Elvis went into the Army.  Elbert was assigned to a tank division in Europe.

As a child I heard all kinds of war stories because all the men in my neighborhood were WWII veterans as were the majority of my parents friends.  The war was recent history and so wherever men my father age gathered the conversation would at some point drift to their war experiences.  I listened to these stories and saw the marine uniforms and medals and war souvenirs.

I expected that I would serve my country at some point.  It was an experience I wanted.  So sometime when I was about nine I decided that I wanted to be an Army sergeant and go to Europe. 

In the summer of 1969, I knew that as soon as I finished college the following year I would be drafted.  There had been a lottery a few months earlier and my birth date was the second one to be drawn.  So short of a miracle, I would be drafted sometime in the fall of 1970.

I decided that I would apply for Officer Candidate School in the Marines so I went down and joined up.  I had to sign a contract for entry based on being approved.  In the summer of 1970, I received a letter from the Department of the Navy discharging me because the only openings were for graduate engineers and I was a political science major.

I was set to graduate at the end of August 1970.  The draft board projected that I would leave in November.  I could not get a job so I waived all me appeals and left for boot camp on October 12, 1970.  My mother and my Aunt, her sister, dropped me off at the Post Office in downtown Houston where I had been told to report.  I was given my physical and sworn in.  I found it interesting that one of my high school football jocks was there but he was rejected because of his knees.  He was in excellent shape to play football but not Army qualified.

I was sent to Fort Polk, Louisiana and after basic sent to infantry training.  When I arrived at North Fort Pole on December 1970, they were shipping out 2000 men per week to Vietnam.  The atmosphere was very depressing because everyone at North Fort Polk was just counting down the twelve weeks of training for their three weeks home then the plane ride to Vietnam.  The marines called my wife three days after I got to boot camp and told her I was accepted for the next Marine Officer Candidate school in March 1971, but I would have to discharge from the Army.  I told her to tell them to forget it because I had seen what the military was about.  Also I would not be able to find a job while I waited to go into the Marines.

During November 1970, on one of her visits, my first wife became pregnant with a due date of July 1971.  I was going to Vietnam in March so when an opportunity came up to go to NCO school I took it.  NCO school meant that I would be stateside until September 1971 and consequently would be able to see my baby born before going to Vietnam.  I was guaranteed to go to Vietnam in March 1971 but enrolling in the NCO program meant I was absolutely guaranteed to go in September.

Training made time go fast. In April 1971, I had an opportunity for another three weeks Airborne training and ten weeks Special Forces training.  However, even though this meant I would be stateside another couple of months it also meant that I would be assigned to the 82nd airborne in North Carolina.  If I did not take the extra training I would serve my last twelve weeks stateside back at Fort Polk where I could go home to Houston every weekend and see my wife and baby.  So I gave up the more interesting training and came back to Fort Polk.

All the time I was at Ft. Polk I meditated on going to Vietnam.  I was at another crossroads.  I decided I did not want to go to Vietnam and asked God to remove that burden from me.

At the end of July, Stephanie was born and in September 1971 I left for Fort Dix New Jersey to ship out overseas.  I arrived at the duty station and reported in an old wooden shack from WWII or earlier.  There was a counter and behind it a map that I took little note of.

A corporal came out from behind the map and asked for my orders.  I gave them to him and as he was reading he asked where I wanted to go and nodded toward the large map.  I looked at the map and realized that it was a map of Europe.  I said, “That’s Europe.”  He said, “Yes it is.” Stunned I said since it isn’t Vietnam I don’t care.  He assigned me to the NATO Forces in Vicenza, Italy.

My wife and baby came over at the end of September and we lived as a family on the Italian economy as opposed to living on the Army post.

The President, to honor his commitment to end the war in Vietnam, gave me a five month early discharge so I only served nineteen months not twenty-four.

The old vision I had from childhood came true.  I went to Europe as a sergeant.  I did not have to fight and kill Vietnamese.  Now I have a Vietnamese daughter-in-law.  It would have been a great burden to bear considering that I might have killed some of her relatives.  My-Le was in her mother’s womb as she landed in a helicopter on an American aircraft carrier and then the helicopter was pushed overboard.  Her parents were among the last South Vietnamese evacuated as the communists take over of South Vietnam.

There has been no time in my life when I have not felt the ever presence of God.  There are no coincidences in life only the presence of an eternal God and the everlasting arms.


THE WORLDPEACE PEACE PAGE   Copyright 1988-2018 by Dr John WorldPeace JD USA  All rights reserved